Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Big Pet Peeve

  1. #11
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big Pet Peeve

    I feel the same way. Smoking is disgusting, especially when paired with the thought of eating.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big Pet Peeve

    Arbys is the worse I've seen with this, there's always one sitting right at the menu...then pull up to the window to see some women workers doing the same. Always smell it in my car and I can't stand that, their workers have always looked like they just got released from jail or a methadone clinic.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Mitesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2009
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big Pet Peeve

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    Arbys is the worse I've seen with this, there's always one sitting right at the menu...then pull up to the window to see some women workers doing the same. Always smell it in my car and I can't stand that, their workers have always looked like they just got released from jail or a methadone clinic.
    Someone has to do it and at least their working. One other thing is that they have a large turnover of employees because of lower wages and little to no benefits.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member 7teen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2009
    Posts
    458
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big Pet Peeve

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitesh View Post
    Someone has to do it and at least their working. One other thing is that they have a large turnover of employees because of lower wages and little to no benefits.
    I have been in Arby's before and seen a number of employees gathered at a table smoking. I don't think their pay or benefit options gives them the power/right to smoke when and where they want.

    I just wish these business owners would designate a place away from customer view for them to smoke and not right in front of me.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Mitesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2009
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big Pet Peeve

    I totally agree with you 7teen, there should not be no smoking in the customer area period. If a place allows smoking I don't even go there to eat. Even at football games people should'nt be able to smoke, they'll do that and the smoke will dang near smother you to death. Usually at a game if that happens I'll move to another place. Those types of people are very inconsiderate of others.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big Pet Peeve

    Why does everyone have to be all up tight and *****y when it comes to smoking? Seriously..that's what's wrong with the world...some folks think because they choose not to do something that everyone else should follow suit. IMO, it's inconsiderate that nonsmokers have whined to the point that there is no where left for smokers to smoke...Each establishment should off a scetion for both the smokers and the whiners..
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #17
    Inactive Member BALLCOACH's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big Pet Peeve

    If I were to get cancer I don't want to get it from inhaling someone's second-hand smoke!
    Hail to the Redskins

  8. #18
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big Pet Peeve

    Thus, the smoking and nonsmoking areas...Me not being able to smoke infringes on my civil liberties as much as a nonsmoker having to be around me when I smoke infringes on theirs...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #19
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big Pet Peeve

    Quote Originally Posted by BALLCOACH View Post
    If I were to get cancer I don't want to get it from inhaling someone's second-hand smoke!
    Just outta curiosity what method would you prefer?
    GO VOLS

  10. #20
    Inactive Member 7teen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2009
    Posts
    458
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big Pet Peeve

    Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    Thus, the smoking and nonsmoking areas...Me not being able to smoke infringes on my civil liberties as much as a nonsmoker having to be around me when I smoke infringes on theirs...
    I have nothing against smokers, just don't want the employees of an establishment doing it where I can see them. I think it looks bad and makes the business look bad.

    I think the TN law banning smoking is wrong. I think that if a business owner wants to allow his customers to smoke then that is his/her right. Have designated smoking areas where it is ok. If people don't like the smoking, then they don't have to eat there. It should be up to the owner of the business to decide whether or not he/she wants to allow it though and have to suffer the consequences if people don't want to eat there.

    But I think it is a different set of circumstances when it is store employees who are doing the smoking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •